EVUS Information & Requirements

Who needs to register for an EVUS?

If you currently hold a Chinese Passport, containing a 10-year B1/B2 Visa, you will need to enroll for EVUS and ensure you are eligible to travel to the United States.

Do Hong Kong & Taiwanese Passport holders need to enroll?

At this time, if you currently hold an HKSAR passport, or a Taiwan issued passport, you do not need to enroll for an EVUS. Once you have received your visa, you are all set for your travels.

What documents do I need to register for an EVUS?

To register for an EVUS, you'll need a valid Chinese passport and a valid B1/B2 visa (must be a 10-year visa). 

**Please ensure that your passport has a validity of NO LESS than 6 months.**

How long will my EVUS enrollment be valid for?

An EVUS Enrollment is typically valid for (2) years, from the date of enrollment.


However, your enrollment can also expire on two other occasions: 6 months before your passports date of expiration or on the date of your U.S. Visa's expiration, whichever occurs first.

If I'm under 18 years old, do I need to submit an enrollment?

All Chinese nationals will need to enroll for an EVUS, including infants and minors. 

What is the difference between EVUS and a Visa?

An EVUS is not a Visa. Travelers who are People's Republic of China citizens / Nationals with B1/B2 10-year valid Visas only, are required to enroll with EVUS and must have a Visa prior to travel. If you are enrolled with EVUS and arrive at the airport the traveler will be able to travel to the United States.


**Any other class of Visa that is not B1/B2 with a 10 year validity will not be required to apply for an EVUS.

This site is not affiliated with the United States Government in any way, we are not a law firm, and are not a substitute for an attorney or law firm. EVUS Enrollments can be obtained through traditional Government channels without our assistance and without paying our service fees by visiting the state department website.

© 2021 by EVUSEnrollment.com